cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

SQL Connector settings

I'm looking for a comprehensive list of settings that can be passed through the SQL connector connection string. Does such a list exits?

Thank You in Advance,

Dan Baksa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yaniv,

Thank you for your response. I did have copy of the SAP connector manual but I was not sure all of the settings were in the manual. The one I was looking for was the TargetServer setting. We want to force QV to a specific server, right now our execution on the SAP side appears to spread the load over 3 servers which we do not want at this time.

Again I thank you for your help!!

Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Connector used is 5.60.10640

We have been planning to upgrade the connector but something always seems to get in the way.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel

The list is available in the SAP connector manual, you can download it.

Here's some that I picked for you (quoting the text from connector manual version 5.8 SR1):

There are a number of parameters that can be added to the connection string, if needed. Normally, the default values for these parameters are sufficient. Separate parameters with ; (semi-colon) in the connection string:

 ConvRoutine=0/1 (default = 0, on = 1): Indicates that output conversion routines are used. This is commonly used for fields like Material Number (MATNR).

 KeepCasing=0/1 (default/off = 0, but all newly generated connection strings have value 1): Indicates that lowercase characters in the SELECT statement remain lowercase. In previous versions (530 and below), the complete statement is converted to uppercase, thus preventing the use of lowercase characters in Where clause values.

 CheckSeparator=0/1 (default/off = 0): A specific combination of characters is used as field separator in the connector. This combination may occur in a field in the database and cause an error. If that happens, turn on this parameter to make the connector try alternative character combinations. Since this slows down the performance, it is only to be used when necessary.

 Nulldate=0/1 (default/off = 0, but all newly generated connection strings have value 1): If on, date type fields with the value ‘00000000’ are returned as NULL to QlikView.

 RemoveAllBlanks=0/1 (default/off = 0): If on, provides the possibility to get the “old” behavior, where all blanks in fields in SAP containing only blank characters are trimmed. The default behavior leaves one blank character in order to differentiate from NULL fields.

 TargetServer=xxxxxxx: If specified, forces the background job to be executed on the specified application server. The correct name can be found in transaction SM51. The name is case-sensitive.

 JobClass=A/B/C (default = C): Sets the priority for the background job, which can be useful for small jobs that need to be reloaded often.

 BufferPercentage=nn (default = 10): Defines the amount of the free shared memory buffer that can be used by the job. A higher value increases the speed, but also increases the risk for conflicts with other jobs.

Special value 999 for the Bufferpercentage parameter, can now be used to force the Connector to use 10% of the available shared memory, not only a percentage of free shared memory. This should be used if the Connector starts to show deteriorating performance

 TimeOutBatch=n (default = 600 seconds): The number of seconds that the background job waits for the client side to fetch data.

 TimeOutFetch=n (default = 1200 seconds): The number of seconds spent trying to fetch from SAP without getting any records back.

 TimeOutStartBatch=n (default = 2400 seconds): The number of seconds that the client side waits for the background job to start.

 PacketSize=n (default = 20000): The maximum number of rows that the connector tries to download for each fetch operation. This is re-calculated by the connector and might be reduced automatically, depending of the actual amount of shared memory in the SAP system.

 Log=0/1 (default/off = 0, on = 1): If on, writes a log file in the Windows folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log\.

 Logpath=xxxx: Places log files in a subfolder named xxxx. The folder is created, if needed. xxxx can be any text string that can be a valid part of a folder name in Windows.

 LogFile=yyyy: Names the log file yyyydatetime-n.txt. yyyy can be any text string that can be a valid part of a filename in Windows.

 Trace=0/1 (default/off = 0, on = 1): Turns on/off the trace functionality in SAP programs. The trace information is written in the table /QTQVC/TRACE.

 BatchJobName=XXX (default = /QTQVC/READ_DATA). BatchJobName is the name of the data extraction batch job.

BatchJobName can contain up to 32 characters

Can be found in Job Overview (transaction SM37).

 RemoveThousandSeparator=0/1 (default/on = 1): If on, removes any kind of thousand separator from the data before sending it to QlikView. Affected data types in SAP are CURR (Currency), QUAN (Quantity) and DEC (Decimal).

 ReplaceNullvalue=0/1 (default/on = 1): If on, replaces all ’null’ values with ‘ ‘ (SPACE) in the data before sending it to QlikView.

Thanks

Yaniv

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

see

"Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=Northwind;server=(local)"

try this link below

SqlConnection.ConnectionString Property (System.Data.SqlClient)

see  with sample options

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yaniv,

Thank you for your response. I did have copy of the SAP connector manual but I was not sure all of the settings were in the manual. The one I was looking for was the TargetServer setting. We want to force QV to a specific server, right now our execution on the SAP side appears to spread the load over 3 servers which we do not want at this time.

Again I thank you for your help!!

Dan