Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graphing multiple Expressions for multiple selections on a Dimension.

Is there a way to chart multiple expression that share the same dimensions for multiple selections without resorting to overlay charts?  For example my dimensions are SYS_DATE and SYSTEM with an Expression of (AVG_DAILY_BUSY).   With one expression I can select 1 or multiple SYSTEMs and each will get its own line on the chart.  With the addition of a second expression (MAX_HOURLY_BUSY) when I select a System it charts both expressions for the SYSTEM dimension, but one can no longer chart multiple systems, in fact selecting multiple systems now results in a blank chart.

With one expression:
qv1.PNG.png

With two expressions one dimesion selected:

qv2.PNG.png

With two expresions multiple dimensions selected:

qv2b.PNG.png

What I really want is to be able to select one to multiple Systems and chart both expressions for all selected.  I know I can do this with overlays, but thinking there is a much more elegant solution here?

14 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Another way,

Two overlayed line graphs, each one with one expression.,the top one, with transparente background and hidden axes

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever, That is exactly what I was trying to avoid....read original thread.  I am hoping there is a far more elegant solution in QV for this problem      It can easily be accomplished with Excel and also Tableau.....  

Not applicable
Author

Lewis,

i hope you like it

Let me know if it is what you are looking for.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Hello Dariusz, I like it!   Absolutly Brilliant!!!!   It worked  

You solution was definitely elegant, but seems to me that QV should have a more straightforward way of handling this scenario.

Anyway, many thanks!!!

-Lew

Not applicable
Author

Lewis,

if it will be too easy, i will have no work

as a workaround there is always Community ....

And, next time you will know and not somebody else, so your value grows up

regards

Darek