Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Statements not Applying on Server AccessPoint

I have a strange demila. I have a qvw I created on our AccesPoint server and push out to our clients. We use the Ajax client.

On the Developer application on the server my conditional statements work just fine. Example: Chart> Presentation> Column> Conditional statement. When I load/login into the same application through the web browser no conditions are applied. Everything is displayed as it would without any conditions applied. Is there some setting that needs to be changed? Is it because of the Ajax client? Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help.

8 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What version is your server? Column Conditional is only supported with QVS9.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Version: 9.0.7119.4. Just installed about a month ago.

Not applicable
Author

We are also experiencing problems with the Conditional Show property of sheet objects (pivot tables, line charts, multibox and list boxes) in which they are set to be visible based on the value of one or more fields in an 'island table'.

When you select a field which modifies which charts will be shown, and then you go to another tab, some of the sheet objects on that tab appear in strange locations or appear when they shouldn't (based on the Conditional condition set in the "layout" tab of the object properties). The strange thing is that this phenomenon only occurs on an application hosted on the Access Point, never in the development .qvw version.

We use QV version 8.50.6326 and the IE Plugin.

Not applicable
Author

Yes it sounds like a bug. We use the Ajax client.

Likewise it works just fine in development just not through Access Point.

Perhaps a later version will fix this.

Not applicable
Author

It will not help you ... but getting alarmed by this post I was checking my own app.

I use QV9 SR1 ... and my AJAX version of the app is handling conditional show of columns correctly.

Thilo

Not applicable
Author

(Sorry - I intended to post this to a different thread about condtional show of sheet objects.)

I am refering to conditional show of Sheet objects, not conditional show of columns. We are using 8.5 which does not have the conditional column. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Im having the same problem with conditional show of columns in a table based upon a selction from a data island.

It doesnt occur on our development or prodution servers within QlikView, only on AccesPoint using the IE Plugin.

What is even stranger still , is that within one tab I have three tables all with the same parameters and two of them do not work, but one of them does work when making selections for the list box pointing at a data island.? ? ? ? ? ?

I am using QV11 SR 1

Not applicable
Author

Even stranger still . . . . . .

Upon further investigation, I have just gone back in to the AccessPoint version and the problem has cleared itself.?

I did not save the app on our production server as I do not have write access, but is it possible that by somehow simply opening the app itself has cleared whatever problem may have been occuring?