Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are steps to correctly perform a "Clean Install".

Hello

After a failed upgrade QV Server 9 SR1 -> SR2 I have tried to perform a fresh or clean install but am not sure if I have taken all the correct steps as the same problems remained after steps below followed by new QV Server install.

1) Stop All QV Services

2) Used QV Installer option to "Uninstall QV Server"

3) Have manually deleted, if not removed, the following directories:

C:\Program Files\QlikView

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech

4) Have manually removed from NT, using Regedit, all instances of QlikTech entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER : Software : QlikTech

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE : Software : QlikTech

Note I missed entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The root cause of this error was corruption in the NT user account that the QV app were logging in under when the services were launched.

Replacing the login to another admin account, followed by a Windows Server restart fixed the problem.

One interesting note. QV Server would launch as a service but any attempt to perform functions in the QV Management Console, such as picking a Root Folder for your QV apps, timed out. QV Server would be running but it would disconnect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Note on a second try I have deleted all QV entries from Windows Registry

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_USERS. When the Windows Server is restarted I still see

Not applicable
Author

The root cause of this error was corruption in the NT user account that the QV app were logging in under when the services were launched.

Replacing the login to another admin account, followed by a Windows Server restart fixed the problem.

One interesting note. QV Server would launch as a service but any attempt to perform functions in the QV Management Console, such as picking a Root Folder for your QV apps, timed out. QV Server would be running but it would disconnect.

Not applicable
Author

I, too, am trying to perform a clean install on a Windows 2003 Server Machine. I've uninstalled QV and deleted the QlikTech folder from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. Where would I go about finding the registry key entries that need to be deleted?

thanks,

rob