Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Virtual Memory Problem?

Our Qlikview Server V9 SR2 is 64 bit with 24 GB of RAM. Lately, the QVS service has been stopping about every 5-6 days which causes our reloads to fail. We think its a virtual memory issue so we increased the paging file size from 4096 to 12291 because the Max VM Commited hit 10243 during the month according to the Qlikview Operations Monitor.

I am concerned now that there may be a memory leak and that the paging file will ultimately exceed the new maximun. Is there a setting that an be changed in Version 9 R2 for releasing memory? I couldn't find any. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Don Saluga

ServiceLink

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I believe this is a known bug with 9.0, and will be repaired with SR3. Meanwhile a patch exists that solves the issue. Please contact customer support (support@qlik.com) and request Customer patch 9.00.7336.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I just wanted to add that under the Qlikview Management Console-- Qlikview Server Settings, the working set limits is set to "Dedicated Server more than 6GB". The reload limits just has N/A. I can't seem to find any more information in the reference manual. Thanks.

Don

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I believe this is a known bug with 9.0, and will be repaired with SR3. Meanwhile a patch exists that solves the issue. Please contact customer support (support@qlik.com) and request Customer patch 9.00.7336.

Not applicable
Author

Releasing the Virtual memory requires a restart of the services.

If you are not restarting the services, then try this and schedule the batchfile to run in the middle of the night.

Create a .bat file and paste this to it. (This will restart all QV services)

REM Stop QVS.
net stop "QlikViewServer"

net stop "QlikView Directory Service Connector"
net start "QlikView Directory Service Connector"

net stop "QlikView Distribution Service"
net start "QlikView Distribution Service"

net stop "Qlikview Management Service"
net start "Qlikview Management Service"

net stop "QlikView Publisher Command Center Service"
net start "QlikView Publisher Command Center Service"

REM Start QVS
net start "QlikViewServer"

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your help. I did confirm this is an issue with QlikTech Support . Gustav was very helpful in supplying us with a patch to correct this issue. So far the patch looks like it is resolving the problem. This patch will also be incorporated in the new SR3 release scheuduled for Feb 2010.

Don Saluga

ServiceLink

Pittsburgh, Pa.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You migth want to first stop all services, than sleep few seconds, than start them all . It helps with memory fragmentation and is more reliable

-Alex