Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Table by Resident load

Hi All, I am facing very wired problem as my section access is not Working when I am creating the Section Table with Resident Load

Then I changed to QVD its working fine.

Here is my script (Resident Load):

TempSecurity:

LOAD NTNAME ,

ACCESS ,

DEPARTMENT

FROM BI_SALES_SECURITY.qvd (qvd) ;

//Adding some new departments to existing qvd

Concatenate (TempSecurity)

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME , ACCESS , DEPARTMENT

**** ,***** ,******

****,*****,*****

****,*****,*******

];

Section Access:

SectionTable:

LOAD NTNAME ,   

ACCESS ,

DEPARTMENT

Resident TempSecurity ;

Section Application ;

The above script is not worked for me. The script executed with out any error and I tried and to open after reload I git Access denied Error.

So I create another qvw where I add the INLINE table and creates the new security qvd and Section Access worked.

Why Resident Load is not worked on SectionTable ?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Henric, I have one question on this.

The Section table is also auto concatenated to previously loaded table if the section table have same fields like previously loaded table?

Why I am asking this question is , the Mapping table can't be auto concatenated to previously loaded table even though the mapping table have the same field names like previously loaded table.

Moreover, Mapping tables & Section table does n't exist on the data model.

(Mapping table was dropped at the end of execution)

msteedle
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I can't really verify how this is working behind the scenes but it seems like loading from anything other than a resident table automatically converts to uppercase between Section Access and Section Application. Doing a resident load of mixed case data there may lock you out.

Just doing this would probably resolve your problem:

SectionTable:

LOAD Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME

Upper(A) AS ACCESS ,

Upper(B) AS DEPARTMENT

Resident TempSecurity ;

...although you can do table concatenation between Section Access and Section Application, so you may just be able to skip the resident problem entirely.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've used Resident Load in Section Access script and it works great. I guess it's combination of QVD Load and Resident Load in Section Access causing the problem. I remember having this issue in the past. Have you tried to bring the data from the Excel file instead of QVD? Just to test if it's Resident Load or QVD Load.

Cheers,

DV