Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to have a grouped bar chart with 2 dimensions without it forcing stacked bars?

I have a Combo - Bar Chart that has 2 dimensions ( Priority and Month/Yr ).  If I concatenate the dimentions into 1 then I have separate bars for my 4 expressions, but if I leave them as separate dimensions, Qlikview forces me to stacked bars.  Is there a way to have separate bars with the 2 separate dimensions?

I have seen some posts that say it is not possible but it is referring to Qlikview 10.  We are currently using Version 11.20.11922.0 SR2.

Thanks,

Jake

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

combo bar chart grouped

I'm missing something?

1.png

Not applicable
Author

The one that I am trying to get work has 4 calculated expressions and both priority and date dimensions displaying along X axis.  It has two different scales, one showing on left Y axis and one showing on the right Y axis.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Massimo's graph has 2 dimensions and 1 expression. If you add a dimension or add an expression you will increase the complexity of the chart and QlikView will start stacking. So, no, you cannot have 2 dimensions and 4 expressions without getting a stacked chart.

There is no difference between QlikView 10 or 11 here.

HIC