Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to suppress Nulls but not Zeros

Hey all,

I am currently creating line charts based off of two values Plan and Actual. They will be pulling data from each month of the year. Essentially, I created the charts successfully by overlaying multiple charts over one another. However, the issue I am running into is the fact that some of the tables have null values (for months that have not been entered yet). I would like to suppress the entries that have no value entered (null), but I want to keep the entries with a value of 0. Is there any way to hide the null values? Here is a picture to better explain what I need to do:

Top.PNG

As you can see above, I have been using a background color expression to hide values below the Actual field to deal with nulls. Here is the expression I am using for background color:  =if(below(EISDataQualityActual),color(1),red(0))     The only issue with this expression is that as you can see, it will not display the symbol for the current data points.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

maybe like

=if( not isnull(below(EISDataQualityActual)),color(1),red(0))

or

=if(below(EISDataQualityActual) or below(EISDataQualityActual)=0,color(1),red(0))

Not applicable
Author

Neither of these seemed to solve it. For some reason I cant seem to get rid of line leading from Feb-Mar no matter what I do if I want to keep the symbol.