Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Write an extension for customizable data query

I would appreciate if someone could hint at code sample/tutorial/relevant link for writting an extension that enables to create a template for queries in QLikView.

Example. I want to know

• the number of new clients within the last six months
  • the global revenue in three areas over the past year

I would like to select these data in one click, save this 'selection template' and be able to share it with other users. But the field queried will vary a lot over the time, so that I need an interface/a wizard for selecting the fields in a user-friendly manner. Then save this 'request template'.

The tool should be a web application, that can be installed on top of QLikView or used with the QLikView server.

I thought of extension objects. What comes to your mind ? what are the relevant related notions ? what are good references ?

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I hope you discovered that this is done through bookmarks. Create list boxes and save the selections in bookmarks. You can then access those bookmarks through an extension if you were feeling ambitious but there is also no need. You can attribute an Action to a text object for example, which will select that bookmark, which in turn makes your selections.

Hope this helps.