Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD Refresh issue!!

After QVW and QVD are deployed into server, When we refresh the new data few columns value does not appear but using this same new QVD in new QVW it works fine it populates all the values. Why is it creating problem ? because of which i have to re develop my whole project and deploy it again.

Is it every month i have to do this exercise ?

Labels (1)
13 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hii,

You need to check where qvd's are actually  stored in your applications whether it is generating properly ?

Make best practice to have a folder structure

Sr NoFolder NameDescription of Folder (Contents)
1ExtratorAll Scripts to get data from data source and make qvds ( QVD GEN)
2QvDsAll applications qvd's will be stored inthis folder
3Excels and Other Support FilesAll Excels Files and supporting files required for applications will be stored inthis folder
4Media and ImagesAll Images , Logos , Media Files will be stored into this folder
5Working FolderCurrent Development qvw's will be copied here inthis folder
6Final ReportsAll Finilised Qvw's Will be copied here and mapped to Access Points of Qlikview
7Connection StringsAll Connections Strings will be copied with starting Application Name_Connectionstring
8Mail DistributionHere We will store all qvw's files which we will be scheduling in publisher

All Qvw's please check folder path and make sure that the paths are proper.

Hope this help you.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
its_anandrjs

When creating the QVD use NoOfFields() function to check how many fields are fetch for cross check may be some where due to any logic or join it is not seen use it like

LET vNoofFields = NoOfFields('TableName')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for replying!!

Yes i do follow proper folder structure. QVD generation is successful.

The problem is it creates the QVD and is also fetches all the columns. But for few column values are not populating.

For EG:

Old QVD : Country (Column Name)-  India, Singapore , Australia

New QVD : Country (Column Name) - India , Australia ( It does not populate Singapore)

But the New QVD if i link it with new QVW it works fine, It does not work with Older QVW

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

Thanks for replying!!

All the columns are populated:

The problem is it creates the QVD and is also fetches all the columns. But for few column values are not populating.

For EG:

Old QVD : Country (Column Name)-  India, Singapore , Australia ( Values)

New QVD : Country (Column Name) - India , Australia ( It does not populate Singapore)

But the New QVD if i link it with new QVW it works fine, It does not work with Older QVW

vikasmahajan

tHEN THERE IS PROBLEM IN YOUR SQL SCRIPT you need to check it or attach if possible.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
its_anandrjs

May be it is due to some logic i believe you do one thing at the same time cross check the raw source data there is that missing value is available or not if available so may be due to some logic like left join or right join the values missing due to keys. so check with raw data for cross check or you can use  set ErrorMode in the application like put this code in the script like

Set ErrorMode=0;

Not applicable
Author

@vikas : I use the same SQL Script everytime to create the QVD. What i am not able to find is why its not working on older QVW. And the same QVD if i use to create new project or QVW the logic works. So problem is with QVW is my take Do i need to enable or disable any option at the time of refresh

Not applicable
Author

Are you using incremental load for this QVD?

Not applicable
Author

No i don not use incremental load. I just use initial load each time i create new qvd. I do not insert the the data into QVD