Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fields not responding with search

I have multiple list boxes.  As I select data inside of a List Box data in another list box is not appropriately excluded.  Of course I need this to work appropriately.  Where should I start to find a solution?

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You would need to tell us more about your data model. Best would be to post a small sample application.

I assume that your tables are either not linked at all (but as I understand, you checked that in your data model), or the key field's values in both linked tables are not matching.

If your key field is [Date of Service], you need to ensure that the values in the tables linked by this field match.

If, for example, you load [Date of Service] field values in one table that are in fact strings, and dual values in the other table, your tables won't link correctly.

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I am taking columns of data with different names and merging them into one name.  This seems to be where the problem is.  When I separate out the columns into numerous list boxes, all works.  Is there an different way to do this that would not cause a problem?  See below:

LOAD  [Unique Identifier],

[CPT_1] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;

CPT:

[CPT_2] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;

CPT:

[CPT_3] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I am taking columns of data with different names and merging them into one name.  This seems to be where the problem is.  When I separate out the columns into numerous list boxes, all works.  Is there an different way to do this that would not cause a problem?  See below:

[CPT_1] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;

CPT:

[CPT_2] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;

CPT:

[CPT_3] as CPT

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Why are using same table name?

If you want all the CPT in same table then use concatenate

Like this,

[CPT_1] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;
Concatenate
[CPT_2] as CPT
RESIDENT Claims;
Concatenate
[CPT_3] as CPT

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Why are using same table name?

If you want all the CPT in same table then use concatenate

Like this,

[CPT_1] as CPT

RESIDENT Claims;
Concatenate
[CPT_2] as CPT
RESIDENT Claims;
Concatenate
[CPT_3] as CPT

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

That did put all the data into one list, but it did not appropriately eliminate the other data in the others lists when I searched the merge data list.  What did work is that I merged all the data into one list with columnname & '|' & columnname and then search the data in the list using *###*