Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Qlikview document from SSIS

Hi Friends,

I have two servers,

SQLSvr - database server (Admin Account - Domain\user1)

QlikSvr - Qlikview server (Account - Domain\user2)

Domain\user2 has been added to the list of logins on the database server, also I have created proxy for this account on sql server agent, so that I can run the package with this account from database server to reload my qlikview document which is on the Qlikview server.

Then, I have created a package, included Execute Process Task, I configured it as follows

1) Executable: \\QlikSvr\E$\Program Files\QV.exe

2) Arguments: \\QlikSvr\E$\ReloadMasterQVDs.qvw

Now, I have created a sql agent job and changed runas to Domain\user2 to execute the package.

When I execute the sql job it's running continuously without any effect.

Can someone tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Jyotsna

8 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a batch file and put the commands in that file, and execute this batch file in SSIS.  Please check below link for Commands

Please find attached file for link.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

However, I don't feel the problem is with the command, but with the way sql server agent impersonating the "run as" account.

I can say this as I have already tried using a batch file and got the same issue.

Thanks,

Jyotsna

Not applicable
Author

Did disable the "Keep Progress Open after Reload" option? If no, then the progress window will keep opening and the SQL task will assume it is still running.

qv.png

Not applicable
Author

It's already disabled.

Below screenshot

Screenshot.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When I try to run from the command prompt of my sql machine, it generates the log file and I could see that the load is starting and is loading all the qvds but finally it comes up with the error as in the below screenshot.

Error.jpg

Thanks,

Jyotsna

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Reload manually using Qlikview Desktop and check whether it is reloading successfully.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, it reloads successfully from the qlikview desktop and also by running the same batch file from the Qlikview server.

The problem is when I try to reload it from the database server.

Thanks,

Jyotsna

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You need more arguments QlikView Desktop client command line

I think /R should work into your case.