Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tasks Still Visible in QMC

Hi All,

Please note that all though the tasks do not exists in the Source Documents tab in QMC. But they are still visible in the Tasks tab under the Status. The exact scenario is as follows:

Created 1 task each for 3 documents.

Now for another qvw created 3 tasks. Each one of these tasks will trigger at the completion of above 3 tasks.

Now folder structure mounted is changed. So The documents are no longer visible in the Source Documents tab and new documents are visible. Again

Created 1 task each for 3 documents.

Now for another qvw created 3 tasks. Each one of these tasks will trigger at the completion of above 3 tasks.

Now previous tasks are also visible in the Tasks tab in QMC.

I already read one thread available in the Qlikview Community [Scheduled items still visible in Qlikview management console when deleted] where in solution is given as to again create the qvw with same name and then delete those tasks will get deleted(But I don't have previous file names). But I am unable to create the tasks with the same name again it is appending 2 at the end of the task name.

Kindly tell how to remove these tasks.

Can I remove from "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService" location if I delete all the xml files.

Where else shall I remove traces of such tasks which do not exists but still visible in the Tasks Tab in QMC.

What Adverse / negative effect can it cause If I delete the xml files.

Thanks & Regards

Suhas Gupta

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I believe the only way to get this work is to create same application in the same directory as that of earlier.

without that it could be hard to delete task.

Regards

ASHFAQ

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, why you can not create one new app with the same name and then delete?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for reply, Please tell if deleting the xml of the corresponding task can help me or not. Documents I have but new folder structure has been mounted in the server. Shall I point it to the old location and then use the same document. But even in this case current tasks are to be deleted and the documents that have been added to the old folder structure should be related to the unwanted tasks displayed. I am unable to see the document linked to the tasks in source documents folder and if I try to create the tasks with the same name it is not allowing me as it is appending "2" at the end of the task name.

Thanks & Regards

Suhas Gupta

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando,

Even if I create new document with the same name that document is supposed to be linked with the unwanted tasks. How would that happen.

Thanks & Regards

Suhas Gupta

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You cannot must revert back to your old structure for a while until you clean this mess.

you need not to create task just retain old structure as it is.

Once you did that make sure you delete tasks first followed by Applications later and then you change change the folder structure you like

Regards

ASHFAQ