Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS Services stopping several times a day

Dear All,

I'm using qlikview for a few years, right now I have a little problem with my Qlikview Server.

For sometimes my QVS services stopping accidentally for any reason.

I'm looking for at all logs file but have no clues, then I look at Event Viewer in Windows Server it tell's something like this :

Application: QVWebServer.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ApplicationException

Stack:

at System.Net.HttpListener.BeginGetContext(System.AsyncCallback, System.Object)

at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.HandleRequest(System.IAsyncResult)

at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)

at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.IOCompleted(System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult, UInt32, UInt32)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

Then I saw all services stopping 1 by 1, so I have to start it again.

I'm using QVS 64bit 11.2 .11643 with Windows Server 2008 R2.

Anyone have an idea to solving this?

Regards,

Effendi

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have something to share, that interesting for me.

My QVS server using Windows Server 2008 R2.

Since this is the first time I met this problem, I learn all logs file to find the solution

Below I send an image of my windows events viewer :

As seen, in my post reply to Peter, I put the log that said the QVS stopping at 21:06:47

2014-05-07 14:10:43    2014-05-07 21:06:47    4    700    Information    Debug: CNTService::Handler(1)

and when I check in security events viewer, 1 process just before qvs services stop, that called RHS.EXE as it seen starting at a few seconds earlier 21:06:41, and when I check the events for last a week, it always happen just before my qvs problem.

I try to figure it out what RHS was, and it said Resource Host Subsystem, in technically really confusing for me to learn.

So if someone can teach what is that RHS, and what can cause problem with QVS, it would be helpful.

Or can we just shut RHS down, how?

Thx

Not applicable
Author

hi, for update at the moment,

I have take a look between two servers I have, which one server have no Failover Cluster feature, and the one has it.

So I assume this Failover Cluster feature on Server Configuration is the cause problem.

I will check with my IT infrastructure to talk about this.

I'll be back later for more info.

Thx

Not applicable
Author

Dear all,

I will close this thread as answered, since my QVS problem is on Cluster setting in Windows Server.

Actually my cluster server was unuse anymore, but the setting in Server still existing, so that the cause of QVS stopping all services.

I hope for anyone have similar problem have an option to check your cluster setting, if exists.

Thanks everybody have a good day..