Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Editor doesn't appear and makes QV10 client hang

Hi, Has anyone had the problem that when the LOAD script editor is called it doesn't appear and makes the QV10 client hang? The desktop client can start, reload QVW files, open macro editor but when the load script editor is called it doesn't appear. It's not related to an issue where the editor window is outside the screen since I can't return to the normal window by pressing the esc button. The problem startede after a hard reboot of the windows server and a reinstall of the client havn't fixed the problem. It's a QV10SR2 running on a Windows Server 2003.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It means that the "editor" opens outside of the visible area.

Unzip the attached, and run it, it should fix the problem.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can also try ALT+Shift+m and they use the arrow key  to move it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is ALT+Space+m.

And you have to guess where to move 

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

Normally, the left arrow will bring it back into view.  Not sure what your application does, but most people don't have the rights to edit their registry.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill, thanks for the "left arrow" hint.

"My" application is actually from QlikTech, about ten years ago.  Yes, it's not going to help for the restricted users...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

I just tested this utility - it works for QV 8.50, but not for QV 10.

Heine,

Your only choice is to use ALT+Space+m, and moving hidden window by using arrows until it is visible.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

I think the reason in version 10 removed away from the registry for values. After I posted about users not having access to change their registry, it dawned on me about the settings.ini file.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Makes sense, thanks Bill.