Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher daily DocumentLog.txt files not written

Hi,

A couple of days ago I upgraded a QVS from SR5 to SR6. Today I've noticed that some QVW doesn't write DocumentLog.txt on reload (I'm looking in ...\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log\20101020). The TaskLog.txt was written correctly. Yesterday, from 42 QVW, 13 have both logs and 29 only TaskLog.txt. Before the upgrade, only 5 qvw in 42 doesn't write DocumentLog.txt.

Is there any setup option for this log?

Thanks!

dd. //

10 Replies
marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

Did you ever find an answer to this? I have some qvw's that produce a DocumentLog.txt but for those that don't I can't seem to find an option for it.

Best regards,

Marcelo G.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have to enable it under document properties.

Untitled.jpg

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

Thanks for your reply. I had already made sure it was enabled which is why I wondered if there was something else i had overlooked.

I noticed it (job A) had a documentLog.txt in all other folders except the one I was looking for. I had a load error previously on another job B. I could see in the documentLog job B stopped on a store statement so I suspected that job A was reading from that same qvd I wanted to see if it was the case but there was no DocumentLog even though it finished successfully.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Did anyone got the solution for this problem?

I'm facing the same issue: after the publisher migration, some of my QVWs are no longer generating the file DocumentLog.txt

I've checked and all of them have the options "Generated Logfile" and "Timestamp in Logfile Name" marked as "yes"

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Igor,

You don't state what version you are on. However, you might want to contact support, because there was a issue with this in 11.20

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your help!

We're using 11.20 SR 6 (yes, the beta version)

Here are some further details:

Client Build Number: 11.20.12344.0

Target Platform: x64

Operating System Version: Win32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

.NET Version: 4.0.30319.1008

Is this issue at SR 6?

Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please download and install the released SR6 and get back with result.

Just tested, to verify and it seems to work fine in released SR6

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Lgor,

This should have been fixed 11.20.12347.0

Bill

manojnair23
Contributor II
Contributor II

Facing the issue in 12.0.20300.0. The DocumentLog is not saved in distribution log folder. But it is getting saved in folder where the qvw is located.

Additioanl information which could be related .... In the TastLog I found below mentioned line.

Document log was not found / not updated