cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accespoint : Disable object properties access

Hi community,

I've got a simple question,

How to disable access to objects properties in the accespoint (the one with a right click / properties on an object)?

I tried with Session access, and Document properties / Security Tab / uncheck a lot of users privileges but no one modifiy this access.

Thanks for your answer,

Mickael.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Start QlikView Desktop, open your document, select any sheet you like, right-click on the sheet background and from the menu select Properties...

Go to the Security tab and disable the option "Access Sheet Object Properties". Before applying the change, also enable this option near the bottom of the dialog: "Apply to all sheets". Close the dialog by selecting OK and save your document.

Publish

Done. The Properties item will have disappeared from every object menu (but not from the sheet menu, that's another setting...)

Works without Section Access.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you test, do you use and Administrator account or a user account?

Security rule for properties is on user access level

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Start QlikView Desktop, open your document, select any sheet you like, right-click on the sheet background and from the menu select Properties...

Go to the Security tab and disable the option "Access Sheet Object Properties". Before applying the change, also enable this option near the bottom of the dialog: "Apply to all sheets". Close the dialog by selecting OK and save your document.

Publish

Done. The Properties item will have disappeared from every object menu (but not from the sheet menu, that's another setting...)

Works without Section Access.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your answer, Peter solution works perfectly. I didn't know there is some user privilege in the sheet properties too.

Mickaël.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My pleasure.

Please close the discussion by marking an answer as correct. That'll help other community visitors in finding answers to their questions instead of unanswered exchanges. Thanks