Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko_rakar
Creator
Creator

Transforming from Grouped chart to Stacked does not work?

I have tried to create stacked chart out of my data in order to simulate gantt chart (based on instructions by Henric Cronström.

Now, when I make my chart as grouped then it works correctly, all data points are shown in proper size and place. BUT, when I switch to stacked chart then I only see what appears to be either my first or last segment (depending on which sorting I use, or whatever is first in my data stream).

My question is why the rest of my events do not show? (and how can I fix it)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marko_rakar
Creator
Creator
Author

Well, this is not entirely true.

Stacked charts work correctly, it is just that when you have first offset, you need to calculate position from the beginning of the chart, and all following bars have to be calculated again relative to the position of the last bar segment.

So, her is the answer to my own question with correct approach applied.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the attachment..

Its working fine.......

marko_rakar
Creator
Creator
Author

this is not it,

idea is to create gantt chart, so every box (every change of campaign ID) should be in the same line, but positioned relative to the date when the campaignID starts

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the "Stacked" chart, loose the Axis->Static Min and Expressions->Bar Offset settings. I guess it's obvious that when values are stacked, you cannot offset the bars. QlikView wil position them on top of each other.

marko_rakar
Creator
Creator
Author

Well I am not sure that this is quite true, there is an example shown at the article:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/06/01/recipe-for-gantt-chart

And it works as I would like mine chart to work, it is just that I can not figure out what I did wrong (or missed doing entirely).

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Read the article again. In the last bullet list, the next to last item says it all: "Stacked charts don't work too well with bar offsets"...

Now that I know what you are trying to accomplish, I would like to change my above suggestion into: use your Grouped graph at the top, it works best in a Gantt chart simulation.

Good luck,

Peter

marko_rakar
Creator
Creator
Author

Well, this is not entirely true.

Stacked charts work correctly, it is just that when you have first offset, you need to calculate position from the beginning of the chart, and all following bars have to be calculated again relative to the position of the last bar segment.

So, her is the answer to my own question with correct approach applied.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, I'm glad that I'm still not too old to learn.

Care to upload your corrected gantt problem.qvw again? Thanks.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I was looking at the shortened message panel in Inbox, which doesn't show attached documents. Forget my previous reply.