Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Insert values ​​in a list box

Hi,

I would like to insert into a new list box selected values ​​from the list box shown in Fig, without losing the links to these values ​​with other values ​​in the other list boxes. How can I do?

crawler.JPG.jpg

Thank you all in advance for the answers

greeting
Carlo

16 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Why can't you create two list boxes one with crawlers and other with users?

Do you want to create second list box only after selection?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antoine,

GetfieldSelection returns a string containing the current selections in a given field. I do not want this.

Doing as you say I get a list box that contains a string. Produced the new list box, I should be able to continue to selection values ​​and deleting these values ​​from the starting list box.

Let me explain better: I have a list box called user agent containing requests made by crawlers and users. I would like to select the crawler requests from the starting list box and place them in a new list box, deleting them from  the starting list box. How could I do this?

Thank you so much for the replies.

greeting

Carlo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you can flag in the code those specific values, maybe this simple example might help

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Eruditio but I can not see the transformation because I'm using the free version of qlicview. You may postarmi the code?

thank you very much
Carlo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll try

I started with a simple example.

A field called Country contains Canada, UK, US and Germany (4 values)

In my example I create 2 list boxes with expressions:

1st List box with expression =if(Left(Country,1)='C',(Country))

2nd List box with expression =if(Left(Country,1)<>'C',(Country))

The result is that the first list box will only show Canada, the second list box UK, US and Germany.

All properly associated with the initial list box.

Extrapolating to your example, if you identify your users with a Flag field with 1 (or 0 for all the rest)

Then

1st List box with expression =if(Flag=1,YourField)

2nd List box with expression =if(Flag=0,YourField)

Of course, assuming I've understood what you are trying to achieve

Good luck,

Antoine

Not applicable
Author

Hi anbu,

I would like to create the second list box by only selecting  the values ​​from the starting list box. After inserting these values ​​in the second list box, I would like to deleting them from the starting list box.

Thanks for the reply.

Greeting

Carlo

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Antoine now try to change according to your suggestions. I'll let you know.

thank you very much

Carlo