Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin: security settings denies access

I've been throwing way too many hours into this already, so I'm putting it out here in the hope that someone else has come upon the same problem. My goal is to get a single qlikview application (1 QVW file) working with both the Ajax interface and the IE Plugin, using the ticket system available in qlikview. This is also known as single sign-on.

The Ajax interface works fine, I request a ticket and redirect to the url of the Ajax interface with ?userid=<ticket> added to it. The IE Plugin does not work no matter what I try. I've tried both with and without section access, using the qlikx webpage, using the qvp:// link and I've tried connecting from a remote client and local client (the server that runs qlikview). So far I've not been able to connect at all.

As a test I've created a new (very simple) qlikview application without any data or section access in it. There's just a single text element on it that says "test". I'm requesting tickets for user "qlikview", so I've added that user to the DMS. I've even added anonymous (didn't help though and the file should not be publicly accessible). Instead of using ?userid=<ticket> I believe I should be using ?iis_authenticate=<ticket>, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

What's the next step?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I got it working last night. I was missing the extension (.qvw) in the qvp url. The error you get when you don't have access is exactly the same as the error you get when the file cannot be found. Even the log files show exactly the same message.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help. I got also the same problem. Save quite much of my time, when I didn't need to go through this all by myself.

My software firewall was blocking connections.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sander,

I am having the same issue.It works fine with Ajax interface but not with ie plugin.

Can you please let me know the url you are using for opening the document ?

I am using the following url-

http://<servername>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=file.qvw&ticket=<ticket> for AJAX interface

http://<servername>/qvplugin/opendoc.htm/document=file.qvw&ticket=<ticket>> for IE plugin.

thanks in advance.