Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Annoying search feature on Community

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the Community so there may be a way to do this that I just don't know about yet.

Whenever I try to search it shows me the results in a "floating" box below the search bar. That's great but if I select one of those links and then want to go back to the search results I can't. I have to do the search again to see the results. Is there another way to do this so I don't have to keep doing the same search over and over?

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if I understand

after typing the searched words press enter and you get a full page of results;

then r+click to open in new tabs 

Not applicable
Author

Well hope this can be a workaround, what I do is either click with the middle mouse button or ctrl+click on link.

This way the link opens in a new tab and I keep my search results.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your feedback,

The search function is not considered broken it is working correctly based off of the platform requirements. Let me explain how it works to help you use it more effectively.

When you begin to search the system tries to help you find the correct content by displaying a drop down organized by content type (Content/People/Places).

If you don't see what you are looking for the system assumes you know what type of content you want so below each of these types is a link that says 'show 5 more' if you click on that and still don't see what you need a new link displays below that content type with the 'see all results page' which takes you to the search results page.

community search feature.jpg

Here is a link to the see all results or general search page: http://community.qlik.com/search?q=search

I believe the platform is trying to make search as quick as possible without taking you to a new page- which seems to be kind of a trend on some sites as well. It works nicely for some people but not for others.

Hopefully this helps?

BR, Sara

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I simply bookmarked this:

http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Massimo. That worked great. I never pressed Enter because the results automatically came up below the search box. D'uh!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for the quick responses!