Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make my variance column 130.4% Green Back Ground change to Red ?

Hi All

I have an issue on above mentioned.

My existing expression as below :-

=If(Column(1)=0,1,(Column(2)-Column(1))/(Column(1)))

I am not sure how to modify the above expression , if the value is -ve for Column(1) , need to change the Back ground color from Green to Red.

In case Column(1) value is +ve value , there is no issue on the Back ground color.

Paul

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All

Enclosed is my QV Doc.

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi All, Below is my issue , see Step 3 , i need to change the 2nd row green color to red back ground color.

change green to red.png

Not applicable
Author

I think, you should use background color expression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi DariusZ

Thank you for your reply. I aware of i can make use of your proposal , Any idea what expression i need to insert into back ground color ? in order to make green change to red when value is -ve ?

Paul

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you should differentiate between P&L Heading (for some, variance should be red when column(2) is greater then column(1), for some other not)

maybe you can do in this way in background color

if(fabs(column(2)) > fabs(Column(1)) and [Exec P&L Heading_]='TOTAL COST OF SALES',Red())

or, better, add a column (RedWhen) at the same level of your P&L Heading dimension to identify if a decrement (example NET SALES, RedWhen='DECR') or an increment (COST, RedWhen='INCR') is red

in backgroundcolor

if(fabs(column(2)) > fabs(Column(1)) and RedWhen='INCR'   or  

fabs(column(1)) > fabs(Column(2)) and RedWhen='DECR'

,Red())

Not applicable
Author

Paul,

wow

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo

Many thank for your 2 proposal.  

In my actual table.  I will display all P&L items. Total can be more then 20 row.

The example I show is only 2 row . As I try not to confuse those people who try to read my table.

So I cannot add the dimension name in my expression it will be hard to maintain. 

So look like I can only modify expression at variance % or back ground color. But I stuck.

Paul

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dari

You let all other aware my weakness ? I fail twice in create link table.  So I give up. Lucky it still work after 3 yes.

Not applicable
Author

Paul,

in general setting colors is easy. Look here:

Color Code based on Inline Table utilizing two dimensions in that table

Challenge Color Background dimension (on a pivot table)

Are you able put 0 or 1 as result in normal expression when red or green color condition is meet?

regards

Darek