Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduling Qlikview apps as part of a nightly batch cycle

Hi,

We are currently looking into ways of scheduling Qlikview apps to refresh during a nightly batch cycle. We use Autosys as a scheduling tool. I am wondering if there is a way of allowing a refresh of the Qlikview app through command line. I know we can wait for a file through Qlikview Server/Publisher. Also would like to know other people experiences on this.

Thanks

12 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure, reloading through batch is possible if you prefer not to use Publisher. First, you need to install QlikView Desktop on the server. Then the batch syntax would be something like this:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "D:\filename.qvw"

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for your answer. After reading through some other posts this does seem to be a consistent approach. Using this method, is there a away of checking whether the refresh successfully finished or it failed with an error. Is there an output of any sort from executing a refresh this way?

Thanks

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Qlikview will create a log file in the same directory as the QVW with the same name + ".log" afterwards. For example, if you have a file D:\testme.qvw and you reload it with the above method, a file will be created in 😧 called testme.qvw.log

Not applicable
Author

If you use a Qlikview file to reload the Batch File, i.e.

EXECUTE "D:\Schedule\Client_Batch.cmd";

and you schedule the Qlikview file on the QVS, you will get the built in error alerts providing you have set up SMTP notifications.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

As you said Log file is generated in the same directory . I want to change the log file path , with out changing the Qvw path . How can i do this ? ( As I want to save all the Log files at one place )

Regards,

MS

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible. The only thing I can think of is that you could create a scheduled batch script that would cut and paste the log files from the default folders into a designated folder if it's important that they be in one place.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Check QVS manual, image attached.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I stand corrected 🙂 Good point, Corrado.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Regards.
corrado