Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin - how to remove auto generated toolbar

Using AccessPoint Server 9.0 I'm wondering how I can remove the embedded top menubar which contains CLEAR to SELECT Bookmark and Select Report.

We are using the IE-plugin and I do not see a server settings to remove that toolbar. Have tried removing all toolbars at in the QV 9.0 document

8 Replies
lblancher
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

Were you able to figure out how to remove the Toolbar from the IE Plugin?

Lucas

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

It's a client side setting. Go to start >run >regedit and under

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7\State-Bar0

create the DWORD called Visible and set it to 0.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/14/8176.2_2D00_27_2D00_2010-8_2D00_05_2D00_10-PM.pdf:550:0]

*Please note the image shows (32-bit) this is because I am on a Windows 7 x64 system. Non x64 systems will just show Edit DWORD Value.

Regards.

/Karl

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Karl,

Great post, thanks! Do you know if there's any way to do this server-side (other than pushing out registry updates to the clients)?

Thanks,

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

As far as I am aware the only way is to push out the updates to the clients. Suggestions on how to do so used to be provided in the 7.52 & 8.5 QVS manuals, however I don't see them in the current one. So if you have the 8.5 manual or have access to the http://www.qlik.com/download page to get it, go to section

APPENDIX D - DEPLOYING MSI

PACKAGES WITH GROUP

POLICIES

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl ,

Your post is very useful for me . Will be very much interested to know , by any means can we highlight this to QlikTech and ask their view to include this in future release ?

Thanks VG ,

For directing me to this link .

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl ,

Just a quick update .

We just tried at our local machine (added "Visible" in regedit specific folder) , but its not removing "Menu" option from document published in IE .

Any guesses why i am not able to get that ?

Bhushan N

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

can you send me a screen shot of the registry setting? Also make sure you clear the cache in IE browser, close out then browse the page again.

HTH.

/Karl

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Karl, I got stuck in the same case. I've followed what I've found in your pdf attached. And I've obtained no results.

My idea is to block the "variable overview" and "expression overview".

As far as I know. If I follow your instructions. The desired result would be to block "edit report tab".

Here you have an screenshot of what I'm doing.

The main difference is that I want to do it for a client side installation. And change the registry setting via macro.

Here is a link of my original post (Miguel Baeyens recommend me to read yours from here) :

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/41967.aspx

Many thank in advance!!!