Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik 11.2 SR5 export to Excell

Hi all!

I have read the topic about slow excell export functionality of Qlik v11 SR2 in here : Extremely slow Excel export

which seems to be corrected in 11.00.11426 (the Update1 to SR2), according to comments.

However, I'm using QVx64 Desktop11.2 SR5 and export of ~35k rows and ~140 cols takes around 7 minutes. While exporting from QV server running the same version it takes ~20mins! The component is Straight Table with 2 calculated dimensions and expressions.

Time this takes is too much. Please, is there a solution for this version? a patch?

Thanks for your advices!

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have made applications that are used for more less Excel exports only, so I fully understand the need. Was just kidding.

By "Prepare" I was asking, if you/server could do the exports to xls to a share where the users just pick them up. Let's say they always do same type of selections, by period or region etc. or by a bookmark, you could do it as well and export, and save them time, but if they do random/unpredictable selections before exporting, it is probably not possible.

Not applicable
Author

I see now, but unfortunately, this won't be possible.

So once again, in QV Server 11.2 SR5, what can affect export speed? Except number of exported rows&cols, can this be affected by data model, selections or used expressions and calculated dimensions used? does this need to be recalculated by qlik before export?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same problem for one of my customer.

I don't have any calculated dimension but for some dimensions the conditional show is used.

The export from QV server also takes around 21minutes for around 150columns and 50k rows and like you, the users are not into reducing this number.

Did you find any solution?

Is there a patch to resolve it, like it used to exist for SR2?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

no, unfortunately, I didn't find any solution for this.

my company is thinking about contacting support directly.