Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi Guys,Im new to qlikview so I just want to find out how can I create a drill-down in a straight table??

Im new to qlikview so I just want to find out how can I create a drill-down in a straight table??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Palesa,

Creating Drilldown Group:

Chart Properties -> Dimension -> Edit Groups -> New -> Select Drill-down Group option ->Give name to this group in Group Name section -> select Department and Machine and Add -> Ok

Now you can see this New Group in Dimension list, use this as dimension in chart.

After creating or calling dimensions call some calculated expression and than you will be having option of drill down .

Thanks,

AS

View solution in original post

14 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi tresesco,

Well I created the group but it still doesnt work, I've got 4Fields , 1Field with all the RepsNames, 2Field(PharmarcyName),3.Sales,4.PharmacyGroups, ....So i want to have 2levels, so that the user can drill-down from Rep Level to Pharmacy Level, when the drill-down at rep level they can get the sales of the rep, to which pharmcyGroup they belong to and then to the Pharmacy name

Thanks

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try to post your sample qvw here.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is the list-boxes that I have, so i want to create a drill-down in a straight table so the user can select fro Replevel to see their sales for each pharmacy they worked with and which group it was, I could just add these fields as dimensions in the straight table but I want to do it using the drill-down

Sales.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Go to New sheet object->Straight table->Edit Groups->New->Drill Down Group->add the fields you want.

And then while creating the straight table this new group name will be available in your dimension

Let me know for more clarification

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jebamalai,

The New group is created with all the fields that I want and I added the new group as a dimension in my straight table but the straight table does display anything! and the drill-down does not work.. On the image the straight table is the at the bottom there

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

add a measure (Expression) to see data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now you need to add your requirement in the expression part.

Like count,sum,etcc..

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Palesa,

Creating Drilldown Group:

Chart Properties -> Dimension -> Edit Groups -> New -> Select Drill-down Group option ->Give name to this group in Group Name section -> select Department and Machine and Add -> Ok

Now you can see this New Group in Dimension list, use this as dimension in chart.

After creating or calling dimensions call some calculated expression and than you will be having option of drill down .

Thanks,

AS