Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hide populated missing data

My data set contains incidents opened by a service desk over the last 3 full months w/ month to date.  When I first created the dashboard, I did not populate missing data and when certain selections were made, dates would disappear.  In the new version I have populated missing data but when a date filter is applied (lets say the last 30 days) the dates go back the full 3 months.  Do I need to use a calculated dimension to hide this data?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, Nick

I think I've got the result

I just add additional expression like Only({$<CC_SDBU>}Visit_Date) and deselected Bar in options

PFA

Regards,
Sergey

View solution in original post

18 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Nick,

Please share a sample

Regards,
Sergey
kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hiya,

Are you using a Master Calendar at all? It should help with your "missing data" when date ranges are selected.

It also creates a good base for time selections (year, month, etc.) and point-in-time reporting (using set analysis for say ytd, mtd, same month last year, etc.).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using a Master Calendar.  My Master Calendar generates the dates for Incident_Created_Date and that field name is the same in the Master Calendar generation as it is in my data query.  This is working great because I can select a product with no incidents opened on 5/19/2014 and a zero will appear on that date (dimension set to show all values) where previously (before populating missing data) the 5/19/2014 data point would disappear all together.

Now my issue is this, I'm populating missing data for the last 3 full months with month to date.  I have buttons to apply a selection to the Incident_Created_Date to only show incidents in the last 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, week to date, month to date, etc.  After populating missing data the chart appears like the below (selection is week to date).  The dates outside my selection (week to date) still appear and I want to hide them based on the selection.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 7.14.29 PM.png

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Nick,

Please share an example

Regards,
Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll work on switching the QVW to a sample dataset in the morning.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached sample.  I want my users to change the time frame using the available buttons (Last 7/14/30/90 Days) but the chart does not hide the dates outside the selection.  If I disable "Show All Values" on the dimension they hide but then I lose the dates inside the time frame where there is no data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

anyone have ideas?  this is my last hurdle before rolling out this dashboard.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

So. If I uncheck Show all values for the dimension, it works

But as I understand you want to see messing values within selected dates?

Regards,
Sergey
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

With unchecked Show all values for the dimension and unchecked Presentation\Supress Zero-Values and Supress Missing everything works.

PFA an example - I deleted several values

Regards,
Sergey