Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to hide populated missing data

My data set contains incidents opened by a service desk over the last 3 full months w/ month to date.  When I first created the dashboard, I did not populate missing data and when certain selections were made, dates would disappear.  In the new version I have populated missing data but when a date filter is applied (lets say the last 30 days) the dates go back the full 3 months.  Do I need to use a calculated dimension to hide this data?

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The data has changed too much for me to figure out how to apply it to my current dashboard.  In my attached sample, if you uncheck show all values, suppress zero values, and suppress missing, the dates presented changes based on the timeframes but if you select a CC_SDBU value and that CC_SDBU has no data for a specific date, that date disappears from the chart.

I see what you are doing in your attachment with the count by day but that would be tricky to accomplish in my dashboard.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Nick,

Please share your source document \\Msad\root\NA\NY\users\listerma\Downloads\community sample delete.xls

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here you go

Not applicable
Author

This is a quick solution but doesnt show you all the dates only dates which you have a value for

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone.  I would really like to show the dates with no values.  I think I'll have to query in a count for these charts.

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi, Nick

I think I've got the result

I just add additional expression like Only({$<CC_SDBU>}Visit_Date) and deselected Bar in options

PFA

Regards,
Sergey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This looks like it should work.  Going to try this out today. Thanks, Sergey!

I have never used ONLY so what exactly is this doing?  If I later add more than CC_SDBU, do you think that single expression will continue to work or should I add additional expressions w/ bar disabled for the other fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I added some drill down groups and additional fields to my data, comma separated all the fields in the ONLY expression you gave me, and everything appears to be working as I would like it to.  Thanks again, Sergey!

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Nick,

Only - is aggregation function like sum or count, but display the value of the field.

It looks like dimension, but it's not, because if you have in the chart several different values of your Only expression for your dimensions you will have null as a result, but you have ability to use set analysis.

In your case you have Visit_Date as dimension and use Visit_Date in Only expression. It means that you have no possibility to have Null as result of your expression.

Regards,
Sergey