cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

Lost Named User CALS

I am currently having an issue on our production server/publisher. So far three times today we have lost all of our User CAL information. The server says

Named User CALs: 0 assigned (xxx in license). We then have to go in and manually update our user lists which takes a long time and our users cannot access QlikView when this happens. We also have seen this issue in the past few days but not as often as it happened today. We tried deleting the PGO files and starting new, but it still continues to happen. Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

12 Replies
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Please ensure that any scanning software - anti-virus, backup, system scans, etc. are explicitly excluded from scanning QlikView directories. Please ensure that the following QlikView file types are explicitly excluded from scans: .qvw, .qvd, .pgo, .shared, .meta, .dat.

Giuseppe_Novello

Check if the PGO from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and the one from the root folder are in sync, meaning check if their time stamp are the exactly the same ( 1 - 2 difference should be fine), if one has a big timestamp gap that means something got it hold of it and I agree what Ronnie describe above.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable

I got the Information from Qlik-Support, that named user cals could be lost if the QlikView-Server got out of Memory. In this case the QlikView-Server-process restarts and it occurs that the pgo-File won't be closed correct. In some cases the pgo-File get corrupted.

Regards