Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

joining two values

Hi

as i shown in the below image what i have highlighted in red is the same person who has two names in the DB i want to combine these two record as 1 n show the result how can i do this??

Untitled.png

thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Write it in if Condition like

if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'chathura Munasingha','chathura Munasinghe'),'chathura Munasingha',if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'Kaushal*'),'Kaushal',SDExcuetiveAssigne))

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

If SDExcuetvieAssigne is your dimension

then write in your deimension tab

if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'chathura Munasingha','chathura Munasinghe'),'chathura Munasingha',SDExcuetiveAssigne)

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

can i add more names to the same equation ?? in the image can u see there is a norther name as "kaushal" with two surnames i want to combine that to so is it possible to attach that to the same wild-match??

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

may be like this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

yes you can use multiple ifs.

Regards

ASHFAQ

PrashantSangle

Hi,

You can not implemented in same wildmatch but,

You can go with nested if else

like,

if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'chathura Munasingha','chathura Munasinghe'),'chathura Munasingha',wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'Kaushal*'),'Kaushal',SDExcuetiveAssigne)

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

i am getting an error in this

if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'chathura Munasingha','chathura Munasinghe'),'chathura Munasingha',wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'Kaushal*') <-- (this is underlined in red)

'Kaushal',SDExcuetiveAssigne)

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Write it in if Condition like

if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'chathura Munasingha','chathura Munasinghe'),'chathura Munasingha',if(wildmatch(SDExcuetiveAssigne,'Kaushal*'),'Kaushal',SDExcuetiveAssigne))

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

a if was miss there Right??

Not applicable
Author

thank you soooo much it works perfectly