Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a chart function for both local and global filter ??

HI All,

I have a chart where it has two filter, local - which is local only to the chart (I have used alternate states for this) and i have one more global filter for the sheet for all the charts and pivots.

But whenever I select the GLOBAL filter the chat which I have used alternate state(or the chart which has local filter) data is not changing based on the selection.

Please let me know your thoughts on how to make the chart respond for LOCAL and GLOBAL filter.

Thank you,

Bas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA. I have applied the logic for first expression(you need to replicate to others) of 'Traffic Sources - Channel' chart, it responds to both filters (Source and Region). Where your second chart is renponsive to only Region filter.

Whta I did:

•      Set State of the first chart and Sources filter ->Channel
  •      First expression of the first chart includes the state identifier ::$ for region field.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Function({[state_identifier1] <field_name2= [state_identifier2]::field_name3>}field_name)

for better understanding, follow: Is possible to use alternate States with set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tres for the response.

I read the information you provided.. since i am new to Qlikview I am not able to follow.

Can you please explain in detail, how to make chart function for a local and global filter? let me know if you need any additional information from me,.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Attach a sample qvw and explain your expected output there. That's all I need to help you.

Not applicable
Author

Tres,

Attached is the sample .qvw file..

Basically i have two type of filter: the one that is present at the top the sheet is global that means for both the chart the filter applies.

And i have one more filter next to the product category chart, that is applicable only to the trraffic - sources channel chart.. please have a look at the expressions for the criteria that i have used.

expected output is for the traffic source - channel, both the filter should work.. and also, the channels filter should work only for traffic source - channel chart and not for the trended visits chart.

Not applicable
Author

Also, one more issue that I am facing is,, NON-BOUNCE RATE trend line is not displaying properly... can you also look pls look into that.. i think it is displaying only for the year 2013 and 2014

tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA. I have applied the logic for first expression(you need to replicate to others) of 'Traffic Sources - Channel' chart, it responds to both filters (Source and Region). Where your second chart is renponsive to only Region filter.

Whta I did:

•      Set State of the first chart and Sources filter ->Channel
  •      First expression of the first chart includes the state identifier ::$ for region field.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Tres.. it is working now..

Also, do you have any thoughts why Non-Bounce Rate trend line is not displaying properly in Traffic - sources chart?