Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Owning Record

Hi,

I am a novice with Qlikview  - have released a couple of QVD generator apps and design apps so bear with me here...

On a SalesPerson level I am trying to work out the monthly revenue drop.

I have no issues working this out on a Customer Level - the the complexity is that the Customer can move from 1 SalesPerson to another each Month.

Please see attached sample data and same output example =- if i can provide nmore info lpease let me know

thanks

Stuart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What about

If( Sum (Revenue)<> 0, Sum (Revenue)  - Before(Sum(total <Customer,Month> Revenue)))

Image3.png

HIC

View solution in original post

6 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you use

Sum (Revenue)

Sum (Revenue) - Before(Sum(Revenue))

as expressions, you will get this:

Image2.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much Henric, this works perfectly for the monthly changes.

Do you know how I can get this to also calculate the YTD change - the change from Dec 12 to Apr 03

Not applicable
Author

Actually no that doesnt work

if you look at the month of Feb 2014 you can see the customer moved from Sally to Dave. For Feb the movement should be 0.6 against Dave only. But we are seeing +5.87 on Dave and -5.29 on Sally.

So its just the net 0.6 that should show against Dave.

its the complexity of showing the net Customer movement against the Owning Salesperson at the time.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are different solutions here, and most of them use Set Analysis. See for instance

Year-over-Year Comparisons

QlikView App: Simple Year To Date Example (Set Analysis)

Or search for ytd and yoy on the forum.

HIC

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What about

If( Sum (Revenue)<> 0, Sum (Revenue)  - Before(Sum(total <Customer,Month> Revenue)))

Image3.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

thanks very much for your help again Henric - this works !