Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Histogram subtype stacked

Dear,

We have created an histogram with  data by year. We have chosen the subtype stacked to have all the data on one bar.

Now we want to add the data of year-1. We want to have the data next to each bar. We can calculate the data but it's not shown in a stacked bar. In total we need only two bar by month.

How can we do this?

Kind regards

Michael

5 Replies
cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

There are some limitations regarding the choice of style (grouped/stacked) on a histogram depending of the number of dimensions and expressions. This is explained in the dekstop Reference Manual (page 645 version 11.20 SR5).

If you upload your QlikView document and a picture showing how you would like it to look like, I can try to help you.

Kind regards

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Dear Carlos,

Here is a qlikview document and a picture showing what we want3-04-2014 16-02-22.png

cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

To get the desired result my suggestion is:

Take away the set analysis part in each expression and add a calculated dimension instead to reflect the year restriction.

Choose Grouped instead of Stacked as Sub type in the Style tab in the Properties of the object.

I hope  this helps

Kind regards

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Il will propose your solution to my project manager

Kind regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Dear Carlos,

Your suggestion was exactly what we are looking for.

I changed it to have cumulated values but when there is no data nothing is shown. (changing in your example to have cumulated results)

Do you have any idea how i can resolve that?

Kind regards

Michael