Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calender Problem

Hi All,

I have created two calender in the same document. One is to select the FROM date and another one to select the TO date. But when i select FROM from the calendar by default same date has been selected in the TO date due to qlikview associative memory. I want to avoid this thing to happen.

As i am not able to select the two different date in the calendar. For example if i want to select FROM date as apr,2008 and in the TO i want to select mar,2009. This is not happening.

Let me know is whether there is any solution to avoid this issue which happening due to associative logic.

userid:0010012021,password:c2info99 to open the attached application.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am attaching the example file also (the same that Alex had uploaded.

Nimish

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nimish!

Thanks for your help. It may be working after using your expression but my question was as per my selection in the from and to calender it should work in rest of the charts also. Its true that it works in the given chart but how about in other charts if i don't use the expression given by you in rest of the expression? Why it doesn't work in rest of the chart same like the selection made in the list box or some other straight table. Is there is any other way to work in normal way.

Not applicable
Author

Hi dsjain,

that is the normal way. If you want to have a selection for all the charts in your Application, you need to use a selection. Take a list Box with Months / Dates or whtever you want and select the daterange you want to see.

With the from/to-Date you dont have a selection and so you need set analysis in every expression you want to see the date range.

An other idea is to use a macro to set the selection of a listbox whenever you change the value of the variables. But I don't realy have an idea how this should be coded.

Have Fun with QV

Alex:)

Not applicable
Author

Hi dsjain

If i understand you correctly, you basically just want to select a range of dates, where these dates are selected in two listboxes?

If you use the set analysis formula as suggested, you need to enter this condition within all of you expressions. Another approach would to use a macro, which get the values from 2 variables (fromdate and todate) and afterwards select the dates within this range.

Attached is an example on how to do it (please disregard the weeks, periods etc - just a test for a 4-4-5 calendar which is still not finished)

/Martin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin!

Thanks for your reply. My requirement is to show the sales value in bar chart according to the selected from and to date from the calender. Please find the screen shot below and also find the attached application.

Hope it is understandable now!

user id: 0010012021, password: c2info99

Not applicable
Author

We are also facing same problem kindly help me

Regards

Ashish

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Dilip,

Can u give user id for this database2.qvw.

Thanks ,

Siva