Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flag rows based on another field value

Hi everyone,

I am interested in looking at sets of rows with common account numbers, and assigning a 1 to a field in these rows if another field is true in any of these rows. To be more specific, I have fields called [Account Number], [field1] and [Production Date] - there are several rows for each Account Number since there's one for each production date. I need to figure out an efficient way to determine if field1 is ever true for each Account Number's set of rows and if so, I would like to assign a 1 to a field2 for every single one of those account numbers.

Basically this would flag every row for each Account Number that once contained a 1 in field1. Does anybody know how this could be done in the script or in the actual worksheet?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I believe this is what you are looking for.

The expression will be like : field2=rangesum(above(if(aggr(max ( f1),Ano)=1,1,0),0,RowNo())).

I have attached the sample I used to come up with the result.

I ahve a productiondate, f1 (field1) and Ano (AccountNo). You can see the field 2 result in the chart,

Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I believe this is what you are looking for.

The expression will be like : field2=rangesum(above(if(aggr(max ( f1),Ano)=1,1,0),0,RowNo())).

I have attached the sample I used to come up with the result.

I ahve a productiondate, f1 (field1) and Ano (AccountNo). You can see the field 2 result in the chart,

Please let me know if this helps.