cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Service is Disconneted

QV server Failed to restart.PNG.png

Hello Everyone,

The QlikView Server service (QVS@localhost) is disconnected. and other services (DSC@localhost, QVWS@localhost and ReloadEngine@ddd12wo3a) are running fine. I tried going into the windows server where this QLikview server is installed and restarted the Qlikview server service( Due to some reason it is showing some error, please fin it in the screen shot). So, I restated the windows server, then in QMC I found that all the services are running fine, But later after few mins it QVS service got disconnected again. I tried restarting the server many times(4/5 times) but no use. Could anyone help me this.  This is really urgent.

Thanks in advance

John

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

• Verify the license being used is actually a QlikView Server license. If not, apply a correct QlikView Server license.
  • Try re-creating the settings.ini
  • Try re-creating the lef.txt

These steps could remove some of your current settings, so make backups.

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear John,

Go to the windows application event logs, look for the QlikviewServer instance, check what error are you getting.

If it is permissions error, make sure that the service account is part of the administrator and Qlikview Administrator group.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

@Giuseppe Novello

Thanks for your reply

Where can I find windows application event logs?

Giuseppe_Novello

No problem:

go to Server Manager > Diagnostics > Windows logs > Application.

Image below to guide you better.

serverManager.PNG.png

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Cap111ture.PNG.pngevent.PNG.png@Giuseppe Novello

Thank you, here is my finding

This is message that I found

Giuseppe_Novello

Thanks! That's for the Management Console error, do you see anything for the QVS or QlikviewServer?

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

343434.PNG.png232323132.PNG.png111112212121.PNG.png

Thanks very much for helping me. These above three are messages that  I found for QlikView server. I also figured that at this time of error message I found that anti virus is running(found anti virus information logs). So, do you think that anti virus is causing this issue??

Not applicable
Author

Can some help me with this issue. Thanks