Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Creator III
Creator III

Can you copy tasks in 9.0?

In 8.5, you could copy tasks in publisher, can this be done in 9.0, SR2?

I cannot seem to find this feature, if it's even available

Cheers

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't think it's possible--to copy you would probably have to go through the XML files in the QVPR and manually copy the entries. Depending on the type of task you want to copy, there may be several relevant XML files. Note that this will also require a restart of the Publisher server after you're done copying. It's probably just easier to create a new task 🙂

Regards,

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Ya....why would QV exclude a feature in an upcoming version? 9.0 publisher is great in terms of object orientation/cohesion and centralisation but:

Task copy and a separate maximised window for logs is almost a must. Are they addressing this in 10.0?

Not applicable

We are facing a similar issue here and Qliktech has confirmed that this is not available with version 9 ... Super Angry

I hope they get this out for version 10

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you haven't already, I suggest you submit a feature request on http://community.qlik.com/content/featurerequest.aspx

Regards,

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Thank you all!

Not applicable

QVS 9 SR6 now has a Copy Task capability. Click on any source document that has a Task. In the right panel you will find a Copy Icon to the left of the Start Arrow in each Task associated with the document. After clicking the Copy Icon, you can then use the Paste Icon to the left of the + sign (Add Task) in the upper right corner of the right panel.

Copied Tasks can be Pasted to any source document and then edited to fit that document.