Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error PGO: Failed to open

Hi,

We are having QVS clustering and maintaing root and mounted folder in common shared server.

we are getting an error in event log "Error PGO: Failed to open \\xvavvvv002\Root\IniData.pgo. Error: 11. Time: 268435456 ms" very frequently.

Have anyone found this error and what may be reason for this error.

Thanks in advance.

19 Replies
g_westaway
Contributor III
Contributor III

In our case, it was as a result of having left the QV services to run as 'Local System'. After amending each service to log on as a local Admin account and then restarting each one, the errors disappeared. I suppose to do with access rights to particular files.

Not applicable
Author

Strange.  I had this issue on QV11 SR2.  There weren't any significant changes to the server or permissions prior to this series of errors.  It looks like it has self-resolved, but is still troubling that it happened at all.

Is anyone continuing to have this issue?

ddking
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi.

We still have this error message. Also on QV11 SR2.

All event logs are swamped by this message.

Not applicable
Author

The Error Code 11 points to a sharing Violation, this can be temporary caused for example by a BackUp / AntiVirus or if it occurs all the time by missing Permissions. Check the location for the Root Folder where the PGO are stored. 

ddking
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Daniel, thank for your answer.

Is this error code (11) is Qlikview specific error code?

Or it's just a windows error code taken from operating system by something like GetLastError?

Not applicable
Author

Not sure, but mostly the error comes by the Function used (.Net).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I'm having the same issue in version 11.20 SR6. In my case this is error code 300. Have a look:

Untitled.png

Any idea?

Best regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

This error is show for my customer make backup for the foulder QlikTech, in QlikView Server.

Say don´t openned file IniData.pgo:

Cannot open: ([32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ) => not backed up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Paul,

I've raised a ticket with QlikTech and they replied as follows:

"Sharing violation errors with PGO files like this are normally caused by anti-virus scans or back-up software briefly locking the files. The QlikView Server services depend on uninterrupted connection with the PGO file location.

The following is from the QlikView Server reference manual:

Running real-time anti-virus protection on the server degrades the performance of QlikView Server. It is recommended that the user documents, source documents, log directories, and .pgo files are excluded from the anti-virus scanning.

Please verify that any anti-virus software that might access the machines in the QVS cluster have rules setup to exclude the PGO files.

Also, I noticed that the path to the shared QVS Root folder (specified in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Server > Folders > Root Folder) uses a hidden path indicated by the '$' sign. It is recommended to use a normal network path (not hidden) for the QVS Root folder."

I'm testing the above now. Will let you know if any of the recommendations helped.

Best regards,

Janusz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I encounter the same error in the event log, each time the QVS is restarted. Did you try to manually copy the IniData.PGO? I did that and this is what showed up: "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Werfault.exe". Wer is the Windows Error Reporting Service, QVS should be excluded from WER.

Best regards,

Alex