Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Could Not Open Application

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and the Desktop Client has not shown any inconvenience.

However, when we try to open an application in Access Point using the IE Plugin, we get an Error Message that we are not familiar with. Could you please share with us if there's a compatibility issue or if there is a solution?

Note: The Java client works fine.

The First error that I was getting was related to OCX. Here is a screenshot:

After I uninstalled and reinstalled both IE8 and the IE Plugin, the application seems to be opening but, after a long while, it shows the following message:

Two important things to note are:

· That, if I try to open an application in other server (installed Locally on the machine I'm working), the applications launches fine using the plugin.

· When trying to open the application (on the remote server) via web in another computer (using Windows Vista), it opens as usual.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Mike,

On the computer that is giving you problems, check your IE security settings. Specifically, make sure they are not set too high or are preventing you from running ActiveX controls. If the computer is not a member of the domain, also try adding the server to your Trusted Sites.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

These are the screenshots:

Miguel García
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Under QEMC --> Documents --> User Documents, check the AccessPoint Access Methods for the file(s) that is/are giving you errors and make sure IE Plugin is available.

Under QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> Accesspoint tab, make sure the IE plugin path is: /QvPlugin/opendoc.htm. Under the Web tab, make sure the QVPLUGIN path is: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin.

Check to make sure your authentication settings are correct, especially if you are using IIS. Meaning, if you are prohibiting anonymous in QEMC, you should disable it under Authentication in IIS. Also, if you are using IIS, make sure the QVWS windows service is stopped.

Regards,

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thank you Vlad, but that did not made the trick.

Honestly, I don't believe it is something with the Server, since it is working fine on other machines.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Mike.

Miguel García
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Mike,

On the computer that is giving you problems, check your IE security settings. Specifically, make sure they are not set too high or are preventing you from running ActiveX controls. If the computer is not a member of the domain, also try adding the server to your Trusted Sites.

Regards,

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thank you Vlad, I appreciate your suppor... the issue has been resolved.

Apparently, when upgrading to Windows 7 the IE settings were changed and the site was no longer on the Trusted Sites list. Adding the site to this list, allowed the application to open.

Thanks and have a good day.

Mike.

Miguel García