Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exporting to Excel question

Hello,

Two of our people are getting different formatting in excel when they export from the same Qlikview application.  One person has the "Use Regional Settings for Send to Excel" button checked in the User Preferences/Export tab.

The "Use Regional Settings for Send to Excel" button is not available to be checked for the second person.  Does anyone know what controls whether this button is available for a user?

Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Could it be one is using AJAX and the other the Plugin?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

They both are using the plug-in.  We don't have anyone using AJAX at this time.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, can you post screen shots of both?

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Are they using same plugin version?

Not applicable
Author

I have attached the screen shots.  The first user is missing the "Use Regional Settings for Send to Excel" and the "Export Memory Limit (MB)" sections.

Not applicable
Author

Yes they are.  We recently upgraded to version 11 so everyone had to reinstall the plug-in.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Mike,

Need you to double check the version that is showing the memory setting. I believe this one is still running version 9, because this was removed after version 9.

Take the attach and put it in will the QVS log files (default location is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer) and then open it and see if you missed anyone with the plugin upgrade.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

I thought we had everyone upgraded in our recent conversion from QV9 to QV11.  Looks like we missed at least one person.  I will get that cleaned up.

Thanks again.