Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check for when/by who a Publisher task was disabled

Hi all,

I have a strange query in that we have a set of tasks (based on a dependency) that runs at 5am, then 7.30am, etc. Recently we noticed this set of tasks only were all disabled, and even more unusually were disabled between 5am and 730 am on particalur day and going forward. 5am log executed normally, 730 am log says job was disabled, noone is in the office at that hour, and remote connection to live server is disabled . Is there any log I can check that stores exact time the task was disabled and any other additional details?

Thanks

Sim

4 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Is there anywhere in a logfile possible to see who disable a task in Publisher 11.20 SR5?

Not applicable
Author

You can activate the Audit Log for the Management Service, as this is not possible in the QMC proceed as following:

To enable auditing do the following:

Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service

Open QVmanagementService.exe.config in any text editor

Locate the key "EnableAuditing" and set the value to "true"

<!-- Enable logging of changes to QVPR. Requires restart of QMS after change. -->

<add key="EnableAuditLogging" value="true"/>

Optionally change the audit log folder as well. Default location is %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\AuditLog

Note: The above folder will not be created until the first time any changes are logged

Save QVmanagementService.exe.config and restart QlikView Management Service

Open QlikView Management Console and go to the auditing tab on Management Service

Verify the checkbox is now checked

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Daniel,

But I cant find any information in the logfile what has happened in Publisher enviorment only selections and so on in the distributed files. I want to see who disable a task or change a task or do something else in Publisher.

Not applicable
Author

Think you talking about the User Audit, what I mean above is the Management Service Audit. You get several Folders with Logs (%ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\AuditLog) and for example under DocumentTask in the Log you get an entry showing what Properties are set by witch user.