Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set selections in MultiBox through Javascript API?

Hi all,

I've spent the entire day poring over the API docs and can't find any way for me to set the current selections of a multibox from Javascript in an ASP.NET site using DIV Intergration.

I can check the current selections, clear the current selections and I'm pretty sure lock and unlock the current selections. But seemingly there is no way to enumerate the possible selections, and select them on the users's behalf.

Have I missed something good or am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Steve

4 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you just want to make/pass selections to the data model via Javascript API?

Qlik Tips: Beginners Guide to QlikView Extension Objects : Part 3

Maybe?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately the Javascript representation of the multibox doesn't offer the SelectRow method in 'Data'.

I imagine that if there's not a short-cut then I can just identify how the options are themselves wired up in Javascript and fire the events that would cause the option to be selected by hand but it's a bit of a faff.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

It's hard to guess what exactly you are trying to implement..

What about passing selections via link and refresh the QlikView pages?

Not applicable
Author

My web page is displaying just the multibox and the chart that it controls and I would love to be able to store users' previous selections in the web site and restore the state of the chart the next time they visit.

I've tried passing a value in the InitialSelections property of the Config object when initialising the JS API but that isn't working on my MultiBox (although it seems to have worked fine on a listbox on another web page)