cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstroupe
Creator
Creator

SAP MRP Messages Extraction

Is anyone using the SAP Extractor to get MRP Messages without using SAP BW?

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie

I executed BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST in my SAP system (t-code SE37)

I entered a single Material number and a Plant.

After I got good results , I created a QV script (using the wizard) to extract the data with the BAPI connector. I entered the same Material number and Plant and got good results.

Do you enter Material and Plant? are they formatted correctly?

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable

Yaniv,

I did the same thing so there must be something wrong with my script.  I have attached a test app.  The output from the BAPI connector wizard is loaded.  I did not modify it in the editor.  I appreciate your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie

I pasted the script that I have in an additional tab in your file (attached).

The script is generated with BAPI connector wizard. I have version 5.7 SR2 installed

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for the example.  We are using version 5.8 and it appears to work a little differently.  I did discover how to get the table listed as output, however in this version it doesn't list out the fields.  I am still getting a script error.  It is the sap message returned to Qlikview.  It is a 'positive result' message but must still cause QV an issue.  I wonder if this is something QV needs to look at.  I used your script with my input params and got the same result.  I have attached the script error I receive.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie

I don't recognize the error message. However I suggest you check the connector log (it's a separate file than the .qvw log).

The connector log files are generated in the local computer where you load the .qvw file:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log

Please send the log file - maybe it will help to shed some light

Yaniv

Not applicable

Hi Yaniv,

Attached is the log.  The message is a standard SAP msg that just says the MRP list was created.  QV, however, is treating it like a hard stop error message.  I wonder if there is configuration somewhere where this message can be set to be ignored?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie

I analyzed your log.

It seems that the QV side of the connector interprets that return message (MD52, type S) as Error.

I analyzed my log and the message doesn't appear in the connector log.

This leads to conclude that further debugging of the connector needs to be done.

I would contact QlikView support and send them the connector log , this may be a bug.

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable

Yaniv,

Thank you for your assessment.  I will follow up with QV support.

Jamie