Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AD configuration path

Hello,

i explain my problem i ve just received an Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on i ve installed an Qlikview Server 11...

i'm trying to configure the DSC to add an AD so i ve done :

Expand the directory service connector

Click on active directory

Click on the plus sign to add an entry

But i met an problem when i try to enter the appropriate information: LDAP:// name_server and account info needed to get access.

DSC.png

I think i don't have the good path.

Could you please explain me how or where i could find the rigth path ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Peter is correct. If the server is not part of the domain, then you will not be able to use the default and that would make sense why when you enter the information it doesn't work. The service account would not have rights to connect to the AD.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

no body has an answer or something which could help me ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The very little red * there is an error. I think you can hover over it and it will give you some information on the issue. However, the best way to add this is delete the one you have setup. It the green + and then between the Path and Username there GetDefault.png just click on it and it will get the default.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sarvjeet
Contributor III
Contributor III

try with Domain/userID and password

Not applicable
Author

Hi thanks for the answers , i ve tried before with the Default icon but it doesn't work, i m asking if there is one Active Directory installed on this machine ... Is it possible even if i ve some users account on this machine?

thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Has your brand-new server joined a (company) domain already? If not, please do so. Otherwise I guess you're stuck in the local machine domain. You can use the Local Directory DSC to configure that one.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Peter is correct. If the server is not part of the domain, then you will not be able to use the default and that would make sense why when you enter the information it doesn't work. The service account would not have rights to connect to the AD.

Bill