Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SVG Map Issues

Hello, I have an issue with SVG Maps and wondered if someone had a solution? I have a document with the SVG on tab number 4 or 5. When I first open the document the map shows. If I move off the tab and return the map is blank. (Sensitive data so only photos at present). I can only get it to reappear if I open its properties and tick / untick a box or switch webview off then on again. (neither an option if deployed to a server. I am reluctant to upgrade to IE11 as colleagues have had different issues at the version. I have downloaded SVG 1.10 and created my map again but still the same issue.

IE10.0.92 / Windows 8.0 / .net framework v4.0.30319

before moving off page

svgbefore.JPG.jpg

after moving off and returning to the page

svgafter.JPG.jpg

20 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Where did you get the SVG map?  How old is the version of it that you're using?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Brian

Thanks for the prompt response. I re-downloaded today from the Marketplace but it didnt solve my problem. I couldnt find it directly on the QlikMarket but a search in Google took me to where it was on QlikMarket.

QlikView SVG Map

KRegs

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

QlikMarket wasn't really the appropriate place to host free and open extensions, so we removed my content from there.  In the future, you'll be able to find open source type solutions here:

Qlik Branch

It's in Beta now (feel free to sign up), so until it's up and running, you can find the latest version of the extension here:

brianwmunz · GitHub

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Brian. I have downloaded, removed the old, installed the new, restarted QV and added a new SVG Map but unfortunately the same issue (there on first visit but gone on return)svgafter2.JPG.jpg.  (QV 11.2 SR5)

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem.  I went to the new site but not sure what I need to do to get the new version - do replace both the script.js and the .qar, or is there some other method?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

How are you navigating between sheets? I know that switching sheets through actions or with a hidden toolbar sometimes causes the SVG extension to fail.

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

I fixed this last week (hopefully), so please download the latest version from my github repo.

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

This issue tend to happen when 2 versions of svgMap extensions are in conflict. Make sure you have removed (or renamed) the previous directory concerning svgMap extension.

Then launch the .qar file and install directories as mentionned in the documentation.

You should be able to see the map then.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry to confirm the persistence of this issue, but:

I've tried several other map extensions (Geo Map from Qlik, SVG Heatmaps from QlikTelligence) and this issue does not occur with them.

Since I like this extension's behaviour, I hope that the java script issue will be fixed, soon!

BTW: I'm using IE10, QV 11.20 SR8

EDIT: And your extension from github. Cleaned directory first. Clean QV App.