Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to I introduce that exception based on this script and by getting this data from an external excel file?

I'm loading a script to retrieve incidents information.

The script is:

//Today Incidents
select * from incident where
opened_at >= '$(vDate)' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category1' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category2' and
dv_u_category <> 'Category3' and
dv_company like 'MyCompany'
;

This works perfectly, but I want to introduce an exception.

I want to load a list of incidents from an external excel file based somewhere in C:\ or in a folder of a sharedrive, so that those incidents are not included in the final results. I do not want those incidents to be show on my dashboard because I consider them false positives.

How to I introduce that exception based on this script and by getting this data from an external excel file, as well as importing them and then considering them and exception?

I am including the excel file with the example of the incident id which I want to exclude.

Many thanks for your replies. Hope you can help me.

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Looks very similar to Loading from a excel / txt file a value that I don't want to display on dashboard/query results.

If it's covering the same topic, please try to avoid creating duplicate threads.

I think it would be easier if you also post a sample of your incident data, because we need to know which field we need to check on the values you want to exclude.