Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to open document

Greetings,

We installed the QVS9 SR2 on Windows 2008 Server and are using a temporary license (1 QVW) to show the features in a company / client. Initially put a default application for viewing the Access Point. After some successful tests, we created an application and set it to be displayed in the Access Point. But to access the Access Point the Browser, when the application is selected to open the following message appears: "Failed to open document, you do not have access to this document." We delete the Authorization tab accesses the application previously set, but this did not resolve. I need help urgently. We have an excellent desktop solution, but the QVS9 has left to be desired.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

New information - the error also presents itself on Windows XP 32-bit with IE 8.

Not applicable
Author

A customer reported the error "OCX module is prepared for unload - cannot create object" - he is running 32-bit IE8 on a 64-bit Windows 7. When I ran through the process with him, we closed everything, I checked which IE he was running (CTRL+H and About IE to show that he was running 32-bit), and we started 32-bit IE again, no errors this time. Qvw's showing up properly.

It appears as though with x64 there are some standard browser plugins that won't work properly, have you tried using firefox?

Not applicable
Author

We are certain that the 32-bit version of IE is being used - the error can be reproduced with the 32-bit version and with a matching plug-in. Yes, the document comes up initially, but any browser refresh or blur/focus event back to the document will produce the error. This is going to become a bigger issue as more users continue to upgrade to Windows7-X64 and IE8. Any help is appreciated.

lhr
Employee
Employee

hello,

does it work in any other clients (i.e., ajax, standalone)?

since your license limits the amount of available documents (NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTS;1) you also need to make sure that the document really is set as available. this is done in QEMC -> Documents -> User Documents: somewhere there should be a "availability limitations" tab.

cheers,

lars