Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help in bar chart

Hi QV,

In the attached sample, I need to show Total as constant even after any value selection in the list box.

Is it possible to show totals irrespective of any value selection.

Suppose

If I select Accenture in the list box, then in the chart I want to display one bar with accenture data and the other bar will display totals of all.

Thanks in advance..

Ananth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Dimension: [Property Name]

Expression For Total: =sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Rm Rev Result])/sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Account Rm Rev Goal])

Expression for usaul selection:

=sum([Final Rm Rev Result])/sum( [Final Account Rm Rev Goal])

View solution in original post

16 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like attached?

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, I'm using personal edition, please can you post the steps please

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Remove, 'Managed Accounts' from dimension and try expression as:

=sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Rm Rev Result])/sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Account Rm Rev Goal])

Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks tresesco.

It was very helpful for me.

One thing I just want to clarify, The above expr is fine if there is only one expression present in the chart, if I have multiple expressions present in the chart then, what could be the solution

Thanks,

Ananth

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This solution is expression dependent. The '{<[Managed Accounts]>}' segment of the expression causes to sum all the values irrespective of selection in the field 'Managed Accounts'. Therefore, if you want the similar behaviour for other expressions/metrics as well, you just have to include this set analysis part there too. For ex.: if you have another expression like: Sum(Amount), you have to re-write it as : Sum({<[Managed Accounts]>}Amount). Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

When I try the above expression, I'm getting only Accenture data and Accenture total.

Actually my requirement is to get the all total bar even after any selection in the list box,

means 1 bar should display selected value data and other bar should display the totals of all.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly, you are doing mistake somewhere writing the expression. Paste the exact expression you are trying with, I will try to figure that out for you.

Not applicable
Author

I did exactly what you have given above.

When I try that, I got below chart.

image.png

No selection in the list box.

But what i'm expecting is if I select accenture in the list box, then first bar should display accenture data and second bar should display the grand total.

but in the above chart both bars are displaying accenture data only.

The grand total should remain constant even after any selection.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Dimension: [Property Name]

Expression For Total: =sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Rm Rev Result])/sum({<[Managed Accounts]>} [Final Account Rm Rev Goal])

Expression for usaul selection:

=sum([Final Rm Rev Result])/sum( [Final Account Rm Rev Goal])