Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New User looking for documentation....

I am a brand new user to QlikView and have very little experience writing reports and using business intelligence tools. I am struggling with the formatting structure of QV - ie: what will each of the "functions" yield and how to properly utilize them to get the data I'm looking for. I've looked, but haven't found, good BASIC documentation for a completely novice user. Much of the Help documentation makes an assumption that I know how to put expressions together. Can someone point me in the right direction? Specifically I'm looking for when to use: {, [, ( ), $ = etc, as well as basic explanations of the Functions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

My best recommendation would be to take a look at the Tutorial Files that are included in the QlikView Installation package. You should find it on this folder: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Tutorial.

Welcome to QlikView!

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

My best recommendation would be to take a look at the Tutorial Files that are included in the QlikView Installation package. You should find it on this folder: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Tutorial.

Welcome to QlikView!

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer