Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrentk80
Creator
Creator

time interval

Hello to all

I have a date dimension to calculate the performance of a KPI (calculation expression)

if I select a month now I have the value of the KPI for the selected month, while I would get a performance of the value of the KPI YTD month selected.

For example, if I select in April now I have a graph with a single value (KPI April) while I would get a trend with the KPIs of January, February, March and April)

I think I should use's set-analisys.

thanks

Andrea

13 Replies
warrentk80
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried now I'm not going wrong but there is something wrong if you select the months in common (eg february march)

attached what I get.

thanks

Andrea

tresesco
MVP
MVP

That is because of only(). Use some aggregation function like sum() instead.

warrentk80
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried using the SUM aggregate function but I still have anomalous behavior in the selection of months in common (January, February and March)

thank you

Andrea

Not applicable

It is not worig. I dont understand what you are trying to do.

It is doing what it is supposed to do, For example when you select Feb - you are not really selecting the year, so by the above function it is taking the max which is Feb 2014 - We have data for Jan 2014 which is less than feb 2014 and march 2013 which is less than feb 2014 and also feb 2012 and feb 2013 which are less than feb 2014. That is why you are seeing the values for jan , feb and march.

Can you please explain me what you are expecting to see when you select feb using your dataset , so i can understand what yu are trying to do better?